Wednesday 24 June 2009

Bigger Fish?


Well I decided to aim for bigger specimens tonight so went out a bit later, around nine, to an area I got my best Perch previously. Shipped out larger rig, hook and bait and waited. Not surprisingly there were small Roach leaping at flies occasionally but sure of my no small fish setup I carried on. Twenty minutes in I get a positively aggressive take and I'm sadly disappointed to lift my quarry straight from the water when setting the hook. Yes all three inches of Perch shot straight up in the air, till I settled and released it. What shouldn't have been even capable of getting the size 16 hook and two maggots in its mouth proved me wrong. Well and hour and a half later the same had happened another three times, all four fish under four inches and each sank the float as if it were some leviathan. Oh well so much for the bigger fish :)

1 comment:

  1. to true mate the tiniest perch will swallow the biggest bait

    ReplyDelete