Wednesday 15 July 2009

Look after your bait!

I've not being out fishing since last Wednesday, not feeling so good at weekend and work short staffed, so was really up for it tonight! Nipped down to the centre, behind Petrol station, and got myself settled. Well after a slow start, nothing for first half hour, I ended up with five Roach and two Perch in and hour and a half. Not bad at all seeing the dredger had been along on Friday and muddied it all up I was quite happy at a successful session. Just a wee tip on your maggots, mine are now a good three and a half weeks old now and apart form a good few casters for feeding all are well and lively. My tip is to rinse them with cold water once a week in a fine strainer, drain as much as you can and put a dry sheet of kitchen roll in the tub. Then keep them in the fridge till needed, change kitchen roll when saturated and that's about it. My bait lasts around a month each time before I need to buy more anyway.

4 comments:

  1. hey buddy love your site you been fishing latley

    ReplyDelete
  2. i spoke to you a couple of weeks ago on the canal about fishing with a pole with the advice i got from you was brilliant i have caught 3 roach about 4-5oz and 2 perch a bit smaller its been realy fun fishing the canal i have a wee blog of my own cooper04-fishing.blogspot.com have a wee look if you have time good luck and tight lines!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it's been goin well for you cooper04, unfortunately I a bit swamped at work just now with staff on holiday so for the first time in ages I'm not gettin out fishing. Hope to be out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dave lindsay made it out tonight :) Cheers and Tight Lines!

    ReplyDelete