Wednesday 19 August 2009

Festival Madness





Hi all, with Edinburgh's Festival under full swing things have been busy at work and so no fishing for a whole week!!! Anyway got out on Monday night about eight, sat down and was tackling up when a local couple passing buy started to chat. Nice couple and guy seemed interested in trying the Canal out after giving him some hints, like most people I don't think he thought there was anything in the canal worth fishing for. As they walk off I lowered my hook in the water and watched it lazily drift a few feet. Down it went and was into a fish within seconds, but sadly lost it in my rush to show there was a good reason to fish The Canal. Got my act together and after two or three more drifts a very definite take saw my float disappear from sight. This time there was no escape and I landed a nice 6-7 ounce Roach, good condition and full fins. The next hour passed with me catching another three Roach all between 6-9 ounces. A great hour and a half out and bigger fish all around now the small fry are growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment