Thursday 8 September 2011

2 is better than 1?

Monday, went out for a bit of an afternoon session as the weather was nice and enjoy a I bit of sunshine. Fishing my usual rig with single maggot I took 8 Roach in the first hour but mostly small 10-15cm. Whilst fun, I was after bigger fish so I changed to fishing 2 maggots making It harder for small mouths to grab and more appealing to bigger fish. When fishing 2 maggots I put the first on tip to hook and second flat end as this helps keep first one from wriggling off. The change saw me take 3 more Roach, 18-20cm and also a nice Perch of 20cm. Pleased to see my first Perch this year I packed up for the day.

1 comment:

  1. Never caught a perch as of yet but will be fishing for them this summer. Great blog, you got a new follower

    ReplyDelete