Friday 18 January 2019


Well here are the latest telescopic poles I've added to my collection.
My reason for the purchase was to add some quick lightweight options as I have already started fishing this year. My aim is too get out when I can grab some time, even if for short periods.
So these have been added to my car boot armoury along with a couple of small rucksacks. One with a selection of small light rigs, all set up at home, ready to grab any action when I can. The other with a lightweight fly rod, Shakespeare Graphite Travel Fly, and tackle with a selection of small flies and lures.

I had been a bit under the weather on New Years eve but was greeted with a beautiful clear crisp day on the 1st of 2019. I couldn't let this go to waste so left with fly rod and some small lures and had a wander. I spied a few cautious rises but couldn't coax any bites. Hoping to attract some small pike action, I carried on casting heading out towards Ratho. Just before sunset, due at 15:49, I managed to hook the silver birch behind me. Unhooked the birds nest that I got back and decided to strip down my tackle as light was waning. Everything put away I sat and just relaxed, enjoying the freshness of the day and the New Year. Then as if to provoke me, the dimming sun on the water started to reveal multiple rises. Firstly at the edges just opposite me then more and more further along the canal.
Happy to see some life in the water and also refreshed with the air and sunshine I headed home. 
Maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment